Friday, September 26, 2008

Plateau!!!

Yes, it has finally happen, I hit a plateau! After one month of losing pounds every week, I got on the scale this morning and nothing. I am still at 152.5. Surprisingly, I am not bummed out. Little disappointed, but not worth ruining my day.

So, I said to myself, go over your goals and think about the past week. In this little exercise I realized there were days that I did not follow my goals. I have not walked as much this week, there were a lot of things going on that caused some stress, so I ate a little more. But, Praise the Lord, I did not gain. ----- When plateaus hit that does not have to mean it's a bad thing. It could very well be a good thing. I am not racing to lose all of this weight. I want it to come off and stay off. I am not looking for a quick fix, but a life time change. I realized, even though, it has been a month since I started, God is not done with my heart change when it comes to food. This is going to be a long process for me. My love for food did not happen over night and it will not go away over night. No quick fixes for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

No weight lose this week. However, I can fit into my cloths so much better, their not as tight. See, when I started this journey I was about 10 lbs over what I normally weigh. I was at my heaviest. This is not a time for "woe is me" but to look at all the wonderful things that has happen in the past month. I have lost 12.5 lbs, I have spent more time in prayer, fasting and in the Word, I have put my trust in the Lord. My family has change in their way of eating. I am fixing healthier foods for my family and they are eating more fresh produce then ever before.

So, what now. I look back at my goals and remember that this is a process that may take five months or five years. Every day that turns into months, I WILL grow closer to the Lord and I WILL lose weight to a healthy weight for my body. In ALL things, I will sing the praises of the Lord!

1 comment:

Cintia Listenbee said...

great attitude, way to go!

Slow vs. Fast eater

Slow vs. Fast eater

SLOW DOWN WHILE EATING

SLOW DOWN WHILE EATING